The use of telehealth technologies to overcome the geographic distances in the delivery of hospice care has been termed telehospice. Hospice care in the United States is primarily delivered in the home setting. This home environment creates many similarities to home healthcare, including large geographic distribution of the patient population. The cost considerations and geographic challenges make telehealth technology an interesting solution for both home health and hospice populations.
Telehospice in not intended to replace traditional hospice home care visits, but rather supports and enhances care, ensuring that the needs of patients are addressed in the most caring, timely, effective, and efficient manner possible.
Telehospice benefits may include:
- Peace of mind - knowing a caregiver is always just a click away
- Reduced wait time – a caregiver can be on screen ready to help in an instant; no waiting for travel time
- Ease of communication – the ability to show what is happening in-real time, rather than trying to explain a situation
- Better symptom management – reduced wait time and ease of communication means symptoms are able to be managed more effectively and efficiently, for increased patient comfort
- Decreased anxiety – families have told us that having telehospice access is like having a caregiver in the home, always ready to help
Contact us to learn more about how our Telehospice solution can help your patients.